All the diet industry has to offer, is eat less, exercise more – which is of course the essence of weight loss, but is not a workable solution as it stands. It is too wide and open to all sorts of interpretation and miss-information. At YOUtrition I do not start from that point. It is clearly not enough for people who want to lose weight and make life long changes. How many of us have embarked on a new diet or exercise plan, full of optimism that this time it IS going to be different? That this time we WILL achieve our weight loss goals AND stay there? Maybe we have for a time, but mostly not. Statistically, 98% of dieters regain all their weight, plus more in 12 months after their “diet” has ended. Why is that when the answer of eat less, exercise more is so easy? And why do we feel we have failed? How demotivating and upsetting is this horrible cycle (that is not a question).
Let me tell you now that the failure is NOT on your part. It is on the part of the unrealistic food and exercise plan. The plan that doesn’t fit into your lifestyle, that includes foods you may not particularly like, but hope to grow to love. That demands a level of time and commitment to the food that you put into your mouth that you just don’t have. That may leave you feeling still hungry, or if it is restricting of the vital macronutrients – carbs, healthy fats or protein – headachey, constipated, low in energy, poor concentration, bad sleep and the list goes on (even if you are slim for a time). Some say these symptoms are your bodies detox process. They are not! A healthy body is perfectly able to detox itself, and these symptoms are signs that your body is out of kilter , not running at its optimum level and possibly signs that you are just not eating enough.
There will always be some who will say, “I know someone the diet did work for” and my response is always, “Yes, because they found a lifestyle that works for them”
At YOUtrition, I know that a healthy body is naturally slim and zings with energy, glowing skin, good health, great concentration and good sleep – all of which are our greatest beautifiers. So, what do I offer?
You can’t just clear the fridge, do a big shop, start cooking everything from scratch, change your eating habits, walk more and overhaul your whole lifestyle with the snap of your fingers.
It is costly, time consuming and daunting. I know you can’t just take a massive leap out of your comfort/familiarity zone – you WILL flounder and feel totally lost.
The YOUtrition Solution
Here is what my YOUtrition Solution will do for you. Working in partnership with me as a Nutritionist and Weight Loss Coach, we will first uncover EXACTLY where you want to be, how soon and what has helped or held you back in the past. The helped or held you back aspect is vital. We grow from what we know has worked for you, and learn from what hasn’t.
- To get a snap shot of your life, I will ask you to complete the YOUtrition Food, Movement & Mood Diary over a period of three days, one being a weekend day which we will analyze and discuss together to identify the What, When, How and Why you eat what you eat.
- Together we will sit and discuss the changes you need to make to get to where you want to be and LIST them.
- Together we will choose ONE food and ONE movement adjustment. Just one small one of each, to build your confidence in YOU. These small changes will ease you just a little out of your comfort zone, (which when we are unhappy about our bodies is actually not comfortable at all!). Small changes become easier each time you repeat them and new, healthier habits will quickly develop.
- Within one week, we move on to another and another and by working this way, you will quickly accumulate stable, new habits which are EASY for you to stick with because YOU chose them and that WILL make an enormous difference to your weight and health.
- We will also work towards healthier options, understanding your vulnerable areas, understanding why we need certain foods and what benefits they give to our amazing bodies, easy ways of preparing meals in advance, snacks to keep with you at all times – and all the strategies that work for YOU, to keep you on YOUR track.
- If counting calories, or meal planning works for you, to start with, that’s what you will get from get. Whatever works for YOU is what I will deliver, my focus is totally on you and getting you to the weight and health you want to be AND keeping you there – there is no, one size fits all – and that is why diets just DON’T WORK!
As you progress and your body becomes more balanced and you learn how to listen to your body, the unhealthy treats will hold much less appeal because your body and your brain, are in alignment, running YOUR show and working to at its optimum to maintain the best you possible.
Do you feel motivated? Does YOUtrition sound like a SOLUTION to you? It does to me and I know it works. So, give up on the “diets” and work with me to get you to the happiest, healthiest you that you deserve to be!